Updated: Jan 31, 2021
What makes us unique and not just another vintage sales site?
- If you buy from peppermint-twist-vintage.com vs. ETSY, you get added extras like special discounts (at checkout), sometimes a lower price and different inventory.
- Also, I usually include FREE a jewelry extender for your purchased necklace (if it's possible to extend it) and comfort silicone clips for your non-pierced earrings.
- Note: POSTAL rates have increased in 2021. Unfortunately, shipping in Canada is EXPENSIVE. If it's over 2 cm, the shipping charges seem high but I do not add an extra hidden fees. Shipping to the US is untracked and with Canada Post, it is tracked if it's over lettermail size
- Plus, many times, I will include a free, *surprise* gift with purchase. I feel that shopping should be a spoiled indulgence and if you are buying something, your purchase should make you feel special!
- Partake in our CONTESTS
- Read our BLOG.
- Follow us on Instagram and Pinterest - to view fashion images, information for sale, and fun tips -- daily!
Note: Etsy is great but I wanted to start off on my own to add more personal features. Plus, the BLOG is important to me!
About this website:
I've loved vintage treasures for as long as I can remember. I grew up watching old movies and TV shows with my parents. More than modern day, I still admire the glamour and fashion of the films from the 1930's-1960's era.
I officially started my little business in June 2018 but started selling on ETSY just over a year ago in June, 2019. I just celebrated our one year anniversary!
What's with the name - Peppermint Twist Vintage?
After reading the book, Peppermint Twist, written by Joel Selvin, John Johnson Jr., and Dick Cami, I was hooked on this name. The book details the infamous NYC club, The Peppermint Lounge the dance club in the late 1950's to mid-60's.
Owned by mobsters, rumour has it, Go-Go dancing was invented here and famous celebrities visited the club regularly. Andy Warhol, Greta Garbo, Jean Simmons and so many other interesting celebrities were patrons..
Also, the TWIST took the dance floors by storm. The name stuck with me so I called my shop Peppermint Twist Vintage as a salute to this great book!
What do we have to offer you?
If you are reading this and still think that this is a 'fly by night' company, don't fret. I have a 5 star rating on my ETSY shop and the entrepreneurial spirit is running through me like a great ball of fire!
Sign up for the newsletter
Sign up for the newsletter and you will be the first to be informed of the latest inventory. Fear not, your personal information will never be shared!
About me - The Shop Owner
I adore vintage jewelry, hats, shoes, kitsch (yes, I feel like I turned into my mother who left this world in 1995.) I also love vintage and pin-up dresses, and vintage furniture, lamps, decor, etc.
I can spend hours watching old Hollywood films seeing the famous stars adorned in gorgeous items. It makes me forget about all of the bad in the present world. Barbara Stanwyck, Bettie Davis, Joan Crawford, Clark Gable and Spencer Tracey are just a few of my favourites. The jewelry, the hair, the make-up..OH MY!!
Barbara Stanwyck and Fred MacMurray in Double Indemnity (Photo: IMDB.com)
It is nice to make people feel special when they acquire vintage and unique item vs. something that is is produced new, and sometimes not the best quality.
Remember, when buying vintage items, it is so much better for the environment. We are saving millions of tons of precious metals and fabrics from the landfills sites!
Drop me a note if you feel inclined! I love hearing from people and discussing vintage items, etc.
Until next time,
|Special thanks to Killer Diller Social for their PINTEREST Account Management Services and excellent guidance and support!|
Our mailing address is: Peppermint Twist Vintage, 300 Wellington Street North, Kitchener, Ontario N2H 5K9, Canada. You can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org